Malene Jorgensen is an entrepreneur with past accomplishments in the technological field. She’s also a tech blogger, content strategist, professional copywriter, and online marketer. She holds an Honours Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature with minor concentrations in Philosophy and Modern Languages (German). After graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree, Malene went on to study Language Psychology as a Master’s Degree in Copenhagen, Denmark. She also holds college-level diplomas in Art Appreciation, Interior Design, and Photography. She’s currently working in her own company, Jorgensen Media Group, as a freelance SEO specialist, and she’s working on her next book. In her spare time, she’s doing certifications in PR and marketing.
Past in Technology
In 2009, Malene Jorgensen graduated from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark with a Master’s degree in Language Psychology. She immediately launched her online business, where she worked with clients in New York, Boston, Miami and Silicon Valley from her home base in the greater Toronto area (GTA).
In 2012, Jorgensen launched her own international publishing company and published her first book, How to Start an Internet Business: 7 Ways to Turn Your Passion into Profit. This book was followed by 7 more books about social media, blogging and book publishing, ranging from 2012 to 2015. Throughout this time, Jorgensen worked with major companies and websites that averaged over 10 million visitors per month. It was also during this time she launched her speaking career and offered support to other online writers and students through her work with The Professional Writer’s Association of Canada.
In 2016, Jorgensen decided to go back to school, earning three diplomas in Interior Design, Art Appreciation, and Professional Photography. Jorgensen also completed four specializations and certificates in bathroom and kitchen design, commercial design, home staging, and branding in interior design. She decided it was time to take a break from the tech space and focus on being a mother in 2017. When her son was 8 months old, she decided to get back into the game and started writing Why You Can’t Say No To SEO.
Awards and Recognition Highlights:
• In 2018, Malene pursued certifications in PR and business marketing
• In 2016, Malene graduated three college-level diploma programs: Interior Design, Art Appreciation, and Professional Photography. In 2017, she completed four specializations and certificates in bathroom and kitchen design, commercial design, home staging, and branding in interior design
• In 2016, Malene was nominated for the Entrepreneurial Award for the Women of Distinction Award by the YWCA
• In 2015 and 2016, Malene was nominated for CBC’s Future 40 Under 40 Award
• Malene was a member of the Professional Writer’s Association of Canada. You will often find her at events, so feel free to attend an event and come talk to her. In 2014, she was elected the Vice President of Professional Writer’s Association of Canada (SK). She moved back to Toronto in 2016
• Malene was a member of SYPE: Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs from 2013 to 2016
• In 2014, she was nominated for the “Rethink Award” for Internet Week in Denmark for her contributions to the online business market and her unique online business ideas
• In 2014, her blog – The Personal Home – was nominated for Best International Interior Design Blog by Amara Interior Design Blog Awards from the UK. It was later sold.
• Malene currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Windsor and a Master’s Degree in Language Psychology (or psychology of language use) from the University of Copenhagen. Her thesis, Individual, Psychological, and Interactional: An Examination of Credibility of Corporate Banking Websites from a Psychological Perspective, is available through the University of Copenhagen student library. She has also written a book based on her thesis for the mainstream market called How to Build a Successful Website: Making a Connection With Readers.
Why You Can’t Say No To SEO: The Technical Headache For Online Entrepreneurs (Forthcoming)
How to Self-Publish Your Book: The Ultimate Guide to ISBNs, Print and Worldwide Sales (2014)
How to Start a Food Blog: Taking Your Food Ideas to the Next Level (2014)
How to Start a Home Decor Blog: Profiting From Your Decor Ideas (2014)
How to Build a Successful Website: Making a Connection with Readers (2014)
How to Start a Beauty Blog: Building a Beauty Empire Online (2013)
Social Media Marketing Strategies: B2C vs. B2B for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest (2013)
How to Become a Fashion Writer: Taking Your Writing to the Runway (2013)
How to Start an Internet Business: 7 Ways to Turn Your Passion into Profit (2012)
Thesis: Individual, Psychological, and Interactional: An Examination of Credibility of Corporate Banking Websites from a Psychological Perspective (2009)
Explore all books here.